Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11th, First Week of 2009

First week is over and it went very smoothly. It rained nonstop everyday for the last week. There has been flooding at two of the dorms in south campus and many bus routes were closed down due to road closers. They had to evacuated part of Bellingham as the water began flooding the entire area. Other than all the rain classes went well. I got into all my classes without a problem except of course the Machining Metals class which I have been unable to get into for 3 quarters now. Its okay though because it now gives my schedule a decided advantage. I have no classes on Thursday. :) What this means is that I can go up skiing on Thursdays without missing class!

I am taking Physics w/ Calculus 2, Microeconomics and Financial Accounting. The teachers are all very good and the classes seem interesting so far.

Core has not started up yet but we have planned out studies and started setting up 1-on-1 for this quarter. I have about 6 hour long 1-on-1s each week along with the planning and bible studies.

Lets see, what else is new... I am the captain of an Intramural Dodge ball Team. 8 on 8 men's dodge ball, should be sweet! I am going to start giving plasma. They have a Bio Life facility in Bellingham and what they do is collect plasma from people for medical research. They pay you for your time I can sit there and do my studies for an hour and a half while they get the plasma and get paid for it. Pretty cool.

My roommate, Will is great. We get along quite well and have had some really good talks so far. Here are some pictures of our room. It doesn't do it justice but it kind of gives you an idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, levi, from grandpa gamble. thanks for the recent blog including pics of your room. who has the loft? we've heard about the flooding. we are told that with climate change caused by excessive carbon emissions we will experience more violent weather - more temperature extremes and all. we'll see. thanks for the update on courses . hope the dance a week or so ago went ok. thanks for coming to visit grandma and me and spending christmas with us. best of everything to you. good luck from grandpa g.

LAG said...

I am in the loft.

Alan said...

Aunt Prisca and I also really appreciate the pictures and first week's summary.

Dust and Dignity said...

No classes on Thursday is sweet! I wish I could have a schedule do something nice like that for me (won't ever happen :-P) Write about your dodge ball games for us! How often will you be able to give plasma? How much do they pay?