Friday, January 25, 2008

Rain and computers

Note: some of you may have noticed this before, but I, ocelot61, use cool colors and fonts for my posts, to distinguish them from Levi's. I am not Levi, just so you know.

It has been raining for about five days straight. What with walking to classes and walking to the caf and walking to computer services and walking to the practice room..... I've given up being dry. Even though I enjoy getting rained on, it starts to feel a little tedious being soggy. :) Oh well, the rain is really fun to run in.

And my computer broke this morning. As in, I now have a loaner from computer services and my computer is being sent into Gateway to get fixed. Why do the computer services people assume that since I'm a girl I know nothing about computers and talk down to me making the questions about was was wrong more confusing than if they'd just asked it using the right terms? Anyways...

On a more positive note, chapel this morning was really good - talking about integrity, and being honest with ourselves and repenting of when we aren't truly cultivating love for Christ in our hearts. And that one way to cultivate that love is to meditate on how repulsive and helpless your sin is, but Christ saved you anyway. A convicting message to think on. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people may not think that rainy days are beautiful. Where we are, though, the rain really is welcome, and it is beautiful and fun to walk in . . .and what's so amazing is that literally overnight, the terrain turns from brown to green!!! Yea! I like green! Now if it was as cold as the weather Levi is experiencing, it may not be as fun to walk or run in or get soaked through in! Brrrr!
Repulsive sin . . . . don't always think of it that way, but you're right. Our sin isn't just "a mistake to look over" or a "glitch" in our walk; in the light of holiness, our sins are repulsive. Recognizing that does help us see how unfathomable Christ's love for us is. It's His "kindness that leads us to repentance." And what can we do but love in return? "We love because He first loved us."
Thanks for sharing and challenging us with what is influencing your heart. :)

LAG said...

Oh, poor poor Ocelot. Is the rain to much to handle? (sarcastic voice)

I know what you mean about how you are treated differently because of being a girl. (not that I have personally experienced what it is like as a girl) It all comes down to stereotypes. I am sorry to say, but it is going to take a lot of work to change that image that people have on certain things. (ex. girls are technically inept)

Well, at least when the rain stops, you will have some beautiful plants and trees. Hope everything is going well. I will have to talk to you some time. Hmmm? Yeah, anyway, I will figure it out.