Thursday, February 25, 2010

Rain

Such a strange winter. February has been blessed with early sun and lots of it. The warm weather and sunny days has brought spring early, or so the plants seem to think but Bellingham is a tricky place. The rain started again yesterday, and it came down with a vengeance. Water started falling from the sky about 2pm yesterday and by the time I got out of my Business law class at 6pm the water was falling in sheets. It was a down pour. With drains unable to handle the water, areas on campus and roadways began to flood. Not anything very serious but when you leave the house in the morning without planning for that weather it is severe.
I had left that morning with my windbreaker (no hood) and my trusty Razor Scooter. Now image getting out of class and you have no hood, jeans and a scooter that has 3 in wheels. I felt like I was fording the Columbia! By the time I got home I was wet, soaked, drenched. My clothes were 10 lbs heavier.
Bellingham, you have tricked me once this year, I will not be tricked again.

4 comments:

Nepolean said...

You have sweet scooter...Do you know any sweet tricks?
Num Chucks, Bo Staff, Bow hunting skills...

Great Description by the way!

Jordan Gamble said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
neo said...

HI

Jordan Gamble said...

We just had thunder! Sweet!