Friday, April 4, 2008

Yo ho yo ho a students life for me...

I dont really know what to write about but I guess I should do something to show all my dedicated viewers that we are still going.

Hmmm...lets see...

Classes are going okay so far. I havent made any friends yet in them but I am still hopeful.

It is raining up here. (again)

Oh! So I got back to school on Monday and unloaded my car and moved back in. Then about 2pm it began to rain and then it started hailing and then snowing. It snowed for about 20 minutes until it quit. An hour later the sun was shining.

My Etec project this quarter to to design and manufacture an ergonomic hand tool. We actually get to create a prototype as well in the FDM machine. Pretty sweet.
Anybody have any ideas on an interesting tool to create? They have done everything from snowboard wax scrapers to knives, from avocado piters to guitar string tighteners. Pizza cutters, wrenches...anything that is used my your hands to give you a mechanical advantage over something. Come on people, don't leave me hanging. Give me some ideas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great project! Just like Dad! I'm sure you will come up with your own brilliant idea, far better than anything I could think of - - so I won't waste your time.

Mrs. K had knee surgery this week. It has been hurting ever since the Grand Canyon hike! Phew! We are taking dinner down to their family tonight and we will get to see Kendra.

Love Mother

Anonymous said...

as my back is itchy right now. i think you should make a back scratcher and dedicate it to me. 1sense from me

andy

Anonymous said...

I agree! My back is always itchy and I cannot scratch it myself!